Lamborghini is poised to announce two new variants of the Urus SUV and a new version of the Huracán supercar in the wake of a record half-year.

Despite the challenge of semiconductor shortages and supply-chain issues exacerbated by the war in Ukraine, Lamborghini delivered 5090 cars – 4.9% more than in the first half of 2021.

The Urus was the brand’s strongest performer, accounting for 61% of all sales, while the Lamborghini Aventador and Huracán supercars made up the remaining 39%.

Huracán sales were bolstered by the launch of the Huracán Tecnica, a more extreme rear-wheel-drive version sitting between the regular Evo and hardcore STO variants.

Lamborghini will begin to unveil the aforementioned Urus and Huracán variants from August.

The Lamborghini Urus ‘Evo’ has already been spotted testing in Germany with matt-black paint and bright-red brake calipers. It’s expected to pack slightly more power than the existing version while cutting weight below 2200kg.

The other Urus due to be announced is expected to be a plug-in hybrid (PHEV) version, poised for a 2024 launch. It’s likely to use the 671bhp powertrain from the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S E-Hybrid.

Lamborghini hasn’t officially hinted at the form the new Huracán variant could take, but it could be a ‘greatest hits’ version of the supercar, which is due to be replaced in 2023. 

Such a variant could feature the track-focused bodykit and adaptive dampers from the Lamborghini Huracán STO but also the road-focused suspension set-up from the Huracán Tecnica. Expect its 632bhp V10 engine to be wrung for even more power, while prices could reach £300,000 – Aventador money.


Source link

Load More By Michael Smith
Load More In Automotive
Comments are closed.

Check Also

Autocar magazine 1 February: on sale now

[ad_1] This week in Autocar, we put Porsche’s new 911 ‘SUV’ through its paces, break the s…